Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ideas...

Thinking about it, I realize that GJSieve needs a lot of improvement but that it's also a dead-end project.

Prime number testing applications have one practical purpose, and the industry standards are well set in place.

I have decided to suspend active development of GJSieve for a short time. I will get back to it, yes, but not for several months.

I would rather pursue other programming ideas of mine as I try and teach myself as many languages as for which I have room in my head.
  • NCSpiral was a great idea and could be improved too. 
  • A graphical version of NCSpiral (think scatter plot)
  • Prime Spiral Java applet!
  • A program that takes input of a number and returns its canonical form
  • something else
I have my work cut out for me in just about everything right now, but NCPrime and other NullCoding programming projects will not suffer.

In fact, I just got Petzold's 5th edition as well as a ton of books about Java and C/C++ etc programming, so there's really nowhere to go but up.

No comments:

Post a Comment