Sunday, August 26, 2012

IsItPrime 1.6.0 and New Site!

Whilst working on MuPuPriNT version 1.1 for Windows, I realized that IsItPrime would probably be better-suited to being a standalone application instead of something that only exists in the multi-tester.

Thus, it joined GJSieve (the original) in having standalone status!

Practically as soon as I had imported the proper files into Visual Studio and set up the project's directories and linker settings correctly, I began working on improving IsItPrime 1.5.6, which as of now remains the version included in MuPuPriNT.

The result, after several days of work and a lot of learning on-the-fly, is IsItPrime 1.6.0. It is powerful and competent, and I am quite proud of it. It is a "beta" release, but it is pretty darn stable. As usual, I would like to hear comments and questions.

I also migrated the project to SourceForge, which I love. Their site is a bit confusing, but also affords developers a TON of control over their projects. It's quite well set up. I just can't quite figure out how to do things like set an avatar or a logo...yet...

You can find IsItPrime's new home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment